beach day


I feel like I've been all work and no play lately, and I'm certain it's been waaaay too long since I've been to the beach, so today I'm escaping with flip flops, sunglasses, and a good book. After some quality sunning, reading and relaxing time, I'm going to meet up with a friend on the beach to catch up on lots, laugh, and lounge a little more as the sun goes down. Every once in a while, this is what we all need. Hope you all find some good "me" time this weekend too.

P.S. I'm taking this book with me and can't wait to get wrapped up in a new story.


And here are some others I absolutely LOVE and have recommended lately. What are you reading? I devour books, especially in summer, and am looking for some new material. Any recommendations?





8 comments

Peggy Miller said...

If you're a huge reader you may have already gotten to this one, but my new favorite book is "The Help" by Kathryn Stockton. I would absolutely recommend this book to anyone. Really! Enjoy your day!! :)

The Vintique Object said...

I think you deserve the time off! Have fun and thanks for the book recommendations.

Camille

casey at loft and cottage said...

Hi Peggy, I did read it and loved it! And thanks, Camille! I had a great day, ladies. A book and the beach=perfect together.

Peggy Miller said...

I love that you loved "The Help". That makes me like you even more!!

Karen said...

Thanks for the reading list. I love sitting out on my patio with a book and a glass of wine, nothing better-unless that wine and book are consumed at the beach!

Valerie Wills Interiors said...

I love anything by Bill Bryson.... have you read Tales from a Small Island....???

Also, I love Armstead Maupin's Tales of the City....

And if you're looking for a nice design book, Rose Tarlow's A Private Home (I think) was a great read....

I look forward to reading everyones recommendations.

Anonymous said...

BOOKS beyond awesomeness-look at my pinterest board called "Books Worth Reading".Just send me an email and I will send you an invite (weird that you have to be invited, I know...) Anyway, maybe you already have an account-if so look up triselmore.
elmore5@comcast.net.If you don't have one yet,seriously consider getting one, it is a decorators dream!!!

Anonymous said...

Oops, I meant send me an email if you WANT an invite. Suppose I should read my posts before submitting.