art in the kitchen

I'm such a fan of kitchens that feel personal and creative. I think that's why I love bringing art into this room. Art in the kitchen expresses who you are and warms up a typical cabinet- and appliance-filled space. I love kitchens that feel more like living spaces, that connect more seamlessly with the rooms around them.

Ellen Pompeo's kitchen, one of my faves, from Elle Decor

You already know I'm a fan of open shelving as a great way to create display space and get rid of that cabinet-heavy feeling lots of kitchens suffer from. But I'm also a huge fan of art in the kitchen, a trend that's growing, and that I'm totally in favor of. Behold: lots of inspiration!

 via brown turtleneck sweater

David Kleinberg

via desire to inspire

 architectural digest

house beautiful

house beautiful

southern living

 house beautiful

Victoria Borus 

 Caroline Keith

 southern accents

lonny

Mlinaric, Henry & Zervudachi

5 comments

designchic said...

I love art in a kitchen - it adds such a personal touch - the white kitchen...perfection!!

Brian Kelsey said...

WOW, so much inspiration here, I don't even know where to start. Some of the photographs hanging in the kitchens are amazing...great stuff.
-Brian

Geezees Custom Canvas Art said...

What a beautiful blog you have,i personally love art in the kitchen too.

Lissa Pierce said...

I love the idea of art in the kitchen. Everyone spends time in there anyway!
I have been contemplating putting a mirror over my sink on the blank wall space...maybe some art would be better.

René said...

These are all great images Casey - ones that I will be referring back to. I do love art in the kitchen - something I need to work on.

-Rene