I've got projects on my mind lately, and the big one that's floating around in there is my kitchen. Ever since I hooked up with man who's job is kitchen cabinets, and then he promised me some for free, not to mention snagging a countertop and some appliances at a serious discount from some well-placed connections, I have been dreaming and planning. We're talking about changing everything, and I could not be more excited. It's all in a day's work for him, but as anyone who has a not-so-functional kitchen knows, it'll be life-changing for me!
One of my all-time favorite ktichens. Tons of counter space. And an island. And love the dramatic black balanced with white. Jealous.
Here's what's on the agenda, for sometime this fall or winter:
1. Rearranging the layout to gain more counter space.
2. Dishwasher, dishwasher, dishwasher.
3. A mix of closed cabinets and open upper shelving.
4. Farmhouse sink and new faucet.
5. New countertop.
6. Possible banquette seating.
7. Moving the washer and dryer upstairs to the pantry off the kitchen.
Stay tuned as I share my thoughts and dreams for this space over the coming weeks. You can see my current kitchen here. Suggestions/ideas/comments welcome! What would you do?