sherry from design indulgence

I'm so happy to have the talented, charming, and always fun and funny Sherry here from Design Indulgence. Have you checked out her blog? Click the image below to head over there, and I promise you will learn something, be inspired, and crack up more than once. Thanks for visiting, Sherry!


Hello Loft & Cottage followers.......I am delighted to be here with a little entertainment for you. I have been a follower of Casey's blog for some time and I am always finding some great ideas to either steal [I mean borrow] or copy [a form of flattery right?] on a regular basis :) Today I am going to show you a bathroom that I was hired to design/renovate. You will see why when I show you the pictures.

Let's start with the before shots that I took the other day.



This is in the basement and since it was never finished...it kind of became a storage area. BUT...now that her kids are older, they are wanting a place to hang out and as you can see this is not very inviting!



She hates this vinyl floor so while we have to get a tile person anyway...might as well change the floor. Isn't that how it always goes.....? I agree that she might as well do it all at once. Of course while we are at it...how about a few other changes.
Let's design it right now!



Since I am a big believer in neutrals for bigger expenses....I will suggest this for the tile surround in the shower. Classic subway...with a tiny bit of interest with the black added.



For the floors...I would love this. Yeah...who am I kidding.....this would probably break the budget so we will most likely go with this:



Just a classic black in white that comes in 12 x 12 inch sheets. Less labor...less money. It is a basement after all.

Next...the sink base.  We have a few choices that I would like.


I am a white girl....so this might be my first choice. But here are 2 other options that would also work.



This would warm up the space quite nicely. Or...


Something black.

I would paint the walls white and add my color with this....


Rug.  Love the colors.  I would pull out that small touch of blue with the shower curtain...


Made out of this.

Next...choices for the mirror. We have a couple and I do love a round mirror since there are a lot of square angles in a bath.



This one if we used the white vanity or....



Or this for the black and the natural one.
That brings us to the lights. What about these....



Love a little industrial....or




this one...
One more thing...the faucet.


This is one of my favorites...the Kohler Purist. Simple with just a bit of modern.
How about some accessories with a small gallery wall of black frames or...



White...



And then a few black and white accessories to keep things clean...



Love these from West Elm. More West Elm goodness like this.



And finally...



Some jars that you could store soap and other cute things in.

So there you have it. Clean classic with a touch of color. You will have to stay tuned to see what we decide!

Casey...thanks for letting me work through this design on your blog....I think I have it now, so I can't wait to do the presentation.....

9 comments

Holly Gruszka said...

I always learn something from Sherry and laugh out loud...always. She whipped this together and I can see the vision completely. That rug is great and love the touch of blue she pulled out.

René said...

How fun to see Sha-Boom over here today! That bathroom is going to be gorgeous any way you slice it!

My Interior Life said...

Love Sherry and this bathroom is going to be beautiful - as all her projects are! Thanks for having her over here to share.

Unknown said...

Stunning, perfect choices for a classic but fun look! You go Sherry!

Cathy

Kathysue said...

Love Sherry's design aesthetics, she is so talented and always adds a fun rustic element for a twist. She is not only talented but generous and funny as she can be, she makes me laugh everytime I read a blog post she has written, todays is a hoot!! Nice to see her talents on your blog, Kathysue

The Vintique Object said...

I would never, ever think to pair the rug with the diagonal stripe, but oh, I can imagine (it's hard, but I can do it) how amazing they'd look together.

You gots you some talent.

Camille

Naomi@DesignManifest said...

I agree- go neutral for the fixed stuff and add in that fabulous rug. Love the first two sink bases you chose too.

SHERRY HART said...

Thanks for having me! I think my client liked the plan so we are good!!

Anonymous said...

Maybe I missed it but where arethe two round mirrors from? I just started looking for one and love both of those. Thanks!