from the idea book: garden & exteriors


In the old days, before blogs and before Pinterest, I had a good old-fashioned three-ring binder I called my idea book. It was into this book, into individual sheet protectors, that I'd put all the inspiration images I'd ripped from magazines. It was everything I loved, and by now it's years old, but as I was looking through the images the other day I felt many of them still spoke to me. It seems my style has evolved but not really changed much. I am still drawn to much of what appealed to me years ago.


But now that I do have this blog as a record of my inspirations, and now that Pinterest, the virtual pinboard, has come along and become an obsession (I want to pin everything! From everywhere on the web! I could pin for days!) I got the idea to save and share my idea book right here and on Pinterest. {By the way, you can follow me on Pinterest! It's fun/awe-inspiring/addictive. Just don't say I didn't warn you ;-) If you need an invite, email me!}


So over the next few weeks, I'll be scanning and scanning and sharing. I hope you will find inspiration, let me know if you ripped these images out of magazines in the past too...and pin away!

6 comments

The Vintique Object said...

Two things are evident here: you are more motivated AND organized than me. I briefly considered doing the same so I could get rid of my (considerably messier) binder of tear sheets. However, I am far too lazy for that! Hoping I come across some of the same images you have torn, Casey! Looking forward to seeing what you've got.
Camille

Lori @ Lori May Interiors said...

Just followed you on pinterest! I actually have to set a timer for myself when I'm on it or I would literally spend hours pinning! My husband thinks I've lost my mind!

Look forward to seeing your tear sheets!

Take care,
Lori

Valerie Wills Interiors said...

Casey - this was so nice to read - I used to do the same thing - I have binders full of years and years of magazine collections... I really should move over to Pinterest.... I just haven't had the time.... loving all of your inspirational photos. Keep it up!

Amy Meier said...

I still have binders with tear sheets in plastic sleeves! Yes, a little old school, but I know that if my computer crashes...I still have them :) Something satisfying about that!
Best,
Amy Meier

Victoria said...

I love this idea of sharing your clips from your idea book. How fun! I love Pinterest too.

René said...

You have such a timeless style Casey. I can see why these images still speak to you. I'll have to stay tuned to your images on pinterest.