in the details: pompom fringe

It's a bit of a throwback, but pompom fringe is still such a fun way to add a little quirky, sweet personality to a space. This trim treatment on sheer linen has long been a favorite...

martha stewart

country living

So adorable and adds just that special little something on a plain pillow.

lonny

The trim here reminds me of falling stars or snowflakes overhead. And the room wouldn't be nearly as interesting without it. Would you, have you, used pompom fringe? And not just in a kid's room?

4 comments

Karen said...

I always think of it as something for a child's space, but I really love the way it was used in the last image. You may have just changed my mind.

Holly Gruszka said...

I'm with Karen too - I've always thought of it being a more juvenile look but you've shown how it can bring a touch of whimsy to any space. that's great. I've been thinking about this look lately too and now I'm going to think of it outside the normal kids box.

Megan said...

I really love that first image; I've had it in my inspiration file for a while now and think its so smart to have replaced the doors with sheers to open up that space. The pompom detail really dresses it up!

René said...

I think pom-pom is a fun touch for sure. It can be playful and sophisticated will adding that extra punch.