thinking about trims

I've been thinking about trims lately, since I've been searching for something to finish off the chair I refinished and reupholstered. Remember this?


After months of searching, I finally found what I wanted at Joann, but they had so little left that I bought out their supply and still didn't have enough to trim out the entire chair. So...I had to drive to several stores to get enough of what I needed. Totally worth it.


Can't wait to get to work putting this pretty cotton trim on my chair—and put this project to bed!

I am also thinking of a trim dressup to my living room curtains. They need something, and maybe they need more than some trim along the ends, but I am inspired by every image I see of trimmed out curtains and I may need to do it. I love this image from House & Home that I spied recently over at Coco + Kelley. I've got the bamboo shades and the white drapes, now I just need some trim to jazz them up. I mean, just imagine if you can, how plain and boring these curtains would be without the dark trim framing them! That's why this look may need to find its way into my home asap.


It's also a quick and easy project you can do without spending much money, and that always works for me!

6 comments

René said...

Your chair is going to be so pretty and I cannot wait to see it all dressed up.

I have also been thinking about adding trim to the ikea curtains in our dining room just to add more dimension. Maybe I'll let you lead the way.

Anonymous said...

Love the cording you selected! Trims really do elevate ordinary things, huh?

Ispirato Design said...

Isn't that always the case when you find the perfect thing! At least you were able to find it at other stores. I think it's a great choice and will be worth the extra time it took- can't wait to see it!

Dina @ Honey + Fitz said...

I created pretty much those exact curtains for my son's nursery. Super simple - IKEA merete curtains + 3" wide grosgrain ribbon. The Pottery Barn ribbon edge drapes were my inspiration but I love that image you've shared! Here's my blog post/tutorial on how I did it.

http://honeyandfitz.blogspot.com/2010/07/ikea-merete-curtain-hack.html

lemondropdreams said...

It must be fate...I've been considering trimming my drapes like in the picture...

Fran said...

Casey, I love the trim you found for your chair - subtle and so feminine. ANd, I love the inspiration photo of the white trimmed curtains!! I would like to do that someday too!!