lattice and trellis and fencing, oh my!

After a rainy and raw Saturday, we were thrilled around here to get some sunshine and 70-degree weather on Easter Sunday. Happy, happy spring! My mind is completely turning to the outdoors now. My parents delivered the potting bench Dad made this weekend, I did a little cleanup in the yard, and I even busted out the deck chairs and cushions. So, let summer begin.

I've always been a huge fan of lattice and trellis patterns indoors, and I'm so not the only one. They're on fabrics and wallpapers and stencils and bedding and lamp shades, and the list goes on.


But I have some major plans for some lattice and trellis outdoors too, and I'm finding great ideas everywhere.


I'm totally following Aubrey and Lindsay's tutorial for their awesome landscape screens to add some privacy and cover to my ugly chain link fence on the north side of the house. Isn't their yard adorable?


Martha does it again. Great idea for organizing tools near my new potting bench.



 I love a good arbor. This one is just incredible. Maybe after another 4 years in this home my yard could look like this.


More amazing structure. So pretty with the vines climbing up the trellis walls.


My porch has one wall of windows (and one of them didn't make it through the winter) that I'd like to take down and open up with a pretty lattice design like this.


And finally, in the garden, I need some trellises large and small to support peas, beans, cucumbers and tomatoes—and of course I want to diy, not buy, them. I have an old ripped out page from Cottage Living with a great tutorial. Will keep you posted on all my outdoor projects of course. Because now that spring feels like it's really here, that's all I want to do!

5 comments

René said...

I am all over this post Casey! After a week away, our grass is tall and everything has popped up in the flower bed. Thanks for the tutorial for the trellis.

Fran said...

So beautiful, Casey! The picture of trellis surrounding the outdoor patio is so lovely!! I would love to have this in our next home!!

Donna@anangloinquébec said...

thanks for this post. I am loving the final image with the tomatoes. That really gives me some good ideas!

Kate said...

I am loving this post. We are in great need of an arbor in our back side yard over the big dining table (in front of the pizza oven). The space needs intimacy & I think an arbor or trellis type structure could do it!! Great inspiration, Case!

Unknown said...

Wow! it amazing I liked very much .. superb... Fencing Melbourne