busy design weekend wrapup

Did you all get some projects done this weekend? I've been up to A LOT of design stuff. Around my house, I finally fiinished up building my daybed, and it's everything I imagined it would be! Here it is in process.



Oh and yes, that is my new chandelier that needs to be hung. And I also got started on some pillows for the daybed. By the way, if you all need some motivation, I have found that inviting a bunch of design bloggers over seriously lights a fire to get things done around the house!

And this weekend my sister was finally ready to put the girls' rooms together. The spaces are not quite ready for their closeups yet, but I've got some previews. We built Maddy a headboard, and both girls got new rugs, bedding, some furniture, and accessories, all on a pretty strict budget, with most things from Ikea, Target, and Joann Fabrics. It was great to see the rooms come together and to see both girls already using and enjoying their new spaces.


It's a little hard to tell, but the flowers on the headboard fabric actually have blue inside them. The fabric works perfectly with the bedding!




And now I'm ready for some downtime, but it's just the beginning of the week?! Oh, and today's going to be another long day, and night. Go Huskies!

11 comments

Fran said...

Hi Casey, you're a machine!! That day bed is awesome and I got super excited when I spotted the chandelier! I remember the post you did that outlined your inspiration! Also, tell your niece her room is beautiful and I love her toy story collection - Rex, Bullseye, etc.! So cute! Looking forward to Thursday!!!

Unknown said...

I LOVE that white pillow on the blue & green bed! Where did you get it?

casey at loft and cottage said...

Sarah, isn't that pillow awesome?! I think it's from Marshall's or TJ's. We picked it up Saturday, but we went to so many stores I can't remember exactly which one!

A Vintage Vine said...

Love the daybed...can't wait to see it all finished!! Show and tell soon!

Ispirato Design said...

The girl's rooms are very sweet and I really like those little dishes on bookshelf. Since my Orangemen are out of it I'll be rooting for those darn Huskies- Go BIG East! ;)

Mary Ann Pickett said...

You are absolutely amazing! I thought I was busy...with the bridal shower we gave yesterday.
The bedding is beautiful and love that ceramic piggy bank.

Carrie @ Hazardous Design said...

Wow, you had a busy weekend! Your nieces' rooms turned out great. I would have LOVED a room like either of theirs growing up :)

Sarah said...

Yay! Can't wait to see your beautiful home in person! Don't stress yourself out about it though, no pressure:) The girls' room is so cute!! Love the mix of colors and patterns. My favorite pillow is the pink and white geometric trellisy one on the green bed!!

Isla said...

Everything looks so good! So I have to ask- is the ottoman in the foreground upolstered in ticking? I am hunting for a tufted ottoman in yellow ticking. Where did you find yours?

casey at loft and cottage said...

Hi Isla, yes, the ottoman is in a brown ticking stripe. It's an old one, from a few years ago, from Pottery Barn. Yellow ticking must be tough to find! Maybe you can ge the fabric and reupholster something?

René said...

Wow! Have you ever been busy?! I love the fabrics and colors you used in the girls' room and look forward to the full reveal. And by the way, the moldings in your house are amazing!