October 25, 2010

home tour: house in the country, with modern style

I fell in love with this house spotted on Connecticut Cottages and Gardens. Have you seen this magazine? It was totally new to me, and I'm not sure how I stumbled across it, but I'm glad I did. It features delicious images of homes in a range of styles, but each feels totally fresh and is completely inspirational. I think this is going to go on my subscription list!

What I love most: whitewashed floors; wide planks; deep, rich walls; white trim; simple, classical forms; clean, modern feel. What do you love?


Rene said...

I'm glad you shared this Cassie. Had not heard of this mag before, but wow!


Fran said...

I've heard of this mag but I've hesitated in subscribing not sure why?? Anyway, that 2nd picture does it for me. Love the color of the walls w/white furnishing and the mix of metallics!! Beautiful!

Valerie Wills Interiors said...

Oooooo I haven't seen that magazine - going to have to check it out. Firstly, I LOVE the Union Jack pillow on the last photo (of course!) and I am with you on the wide floor planks (Rose Tarlow got me into those) and I think that first photo with the rich dark walls is gorgeous. Thanks for sharing. Love it all.

Jen of Made By Girl said...

I love all modern and some touch of old...im also looking for some black lamps almost exactly like the ones in the FIRST pic. :))))

Related Posts with Thumbnails