home tour: house in the country, with modern style

I fell in love with this house spotted on Connecticut Cottages and Gardens. Have you seen this magazine? It was totally new to me, and I'm not sure how I stumbled across it, but I'm glad I did. It features delicious images of homes in a range of styles, but each feels totally fresh and is completely inspirational. I think this is going to go on my subscription list!







What I love most: whitewashed floors; wide planks; deep, rich walls; white trim; simple, classical forms; clean, modern feel. What do you love?

4 comments

René said...

I'm glad you shared this Cassie. Had not heard of this mag before, but wow!

-Rene

Fran said...

I've heard of this mag but I've hesitated in subscribing not sure why?? Anyway, that 2nd picture does it for me. Love the color of the walls w/white furnishing and the mix of metallics!! Beautiful!

Valerie Wills Interiors said...

Oooooo I haven't seen that magazine - going to have to check it out. Firstly, I LOVE the Union Jack pillow on the last photo (of course!) and I am with you on the wide floor planks (Rose Tarlow got me into those) and I think that first photo with the rich dark walls is gorgeous. Thanks for sharing. Love it all.

Jen of MadeByGirl said...

I love all modern and some touch of old...im also looking for some black lamps almost exactly like the ones in the FIRST pic. :))))