tuesday tip: chalkboard paint

Confession: I have a thing for chalkboard paint. Especially the classic black, which puts me in mind of a menu in a French cafe. (But did you know it comes in fun colors too? See the designer hues over at Hudson Paint.)

For me, it 1. functions as inexpensive art, 2. spurs and show off creativity, and 3. is chic, bold, and graphically appealing. The best thing about chalkboard paint though is its versatility. Its uses are limited only to your imagination—and decorating bravery!

on an entire wall
decorpad

inside a large frame, classroom style
heather chadduck

as a menu board
apartment therapy

on a canvas, as wall art
via home sweet home

as a wall calendar
martha stewart

on a door
living etc

as a border, and on the ceiling
lowes creative ideas

on a wall of cabinets
decorpad

and on your fridge
via noisette family

on furniture
living etc

where you'd least expect it
amanda nisbet

Are you scrambling to find your paintbrush yet?

4 comments

Julie said...

I can't wait to find a space in our (future) home (with more space) to use chalkboard paint. It's hard to decide between schoolhouse green and black.

michelle said...

I have always been hesitant of chalkboard paint but I am slowly becoming more and more interested. These are great ideas! I love the frig one!

René said...

Yes, I think it is here to stay, no? I write chores and menus on ours in the kitchen. Function and style...gotta love it.

-Rene

designchic said...

I love it too...adds so much to a space plus totally functional!!