what to plant next

I'm thinking about filling up the empty spaces in the garden now...

Calycanthus raulstonii Hartlage Wine, a fancy name for allspice. Aren't these colors gorgeous? Grows to 8' tall. This would be great in the back right corner of the yard.

Clematis paniculata (C. terniflora), sweet autumn clematis. A vigorous climber. To grow along the back fence or maybe in the side yard against the new trellis.

Hydrangea serrata Blue Billow, a hydrangea for full shade. Perfect along the back stone wall.

Lilacs. Need I say more? I'll have to plant this close to the house, to savor the sweet fragrance. Love!

3 comments

Erica @ Decorica said...

oooh, I like the first one, a bunch of that deep wine color would look gorgeous.

Jen said...

I have all the above except the allspice..I love them all and just keep wanting more of them! Our lilacs are around our back deck so when you sit out there you get that wonderful sweet smell!
I'm a new follower!

Unknown said...

*sighs* I have such a black thumb....the closet thing to flowers I can grow is honeysuckle....and those are considered weeds aren't they? LOL