And now for something completely different. In honor of the first day of summer (yippee!) I just had to join Rene from Cottage & Vine today in choosing my five cosmetic bag must-haves for summer. Here are the good old—and new—reliable beauty essentials I'd take with me on a little (or a long!) getaway to the beach or lake, resort or cabin.
1. Korres Lip Butter is super-hydrating, paraben- and sulfate-free, and gives just a hint of natural-looking color.
2. I have long been a fan of Neutrogena Healthy Skin Enhancer. It's a makeup but so much more: it's sheer, moisturizing, and contains SPF and retinol. Love.
3. The Clarisonic Mia is my new absolute essential. Lightweight, easy-to-use, super-gentle cleansing. Amazing. You must try this. I am not one for gadgets, but this one's results (baby-soft, clear, younger-looking skin) have me absolutely hooked.
4. I know the flat iron is not exactly low-maintenance, but I cannot resist adding some straight, sleek polish to what would otherwise be a fine, frizzy head of hair. Solia's Flat Iron is lightweight and comes in pink. How can you argue with that?
5. Last but not least, with a great eyelash curler from Shu Uemura, you can skip the eye makeup altogether and still look stunning.