taking a dresser from free to fabulous

The guest room dresser is finally finished!


Remember where this started? Back in February I found this sad little dresser on the side of the road on trash day. Can you believe someone was throwing this poor thing out? No, neither could I.


So, I dragged it home and planned to fix it up. Plans being what they are, I had just finished cleaning, sanding, and priming the thing when it was immediately put into service in the guest room, which my cousin occupied for a few months while getting settled in a new job and new life here in Boston.

I finally got a rainy day here to stay inside and finish it up. Lots of white paint and some sweet Anthropologie pulls did the trick. The guest room's now ready for my next visitor—who will it be?


Next up for this room: Flor carpet tiles and some paint on the walls. Any paint color suggestions?

8 comments

René said...

I'm so glad the dresser has someone who loves it now. The new look is so fresh and the hardware was the perfect touch.

erik said...

nice work casey!

Emily A. Clark said...

Looks great, Casey! I really like that fish print over it, too.

CBelle said...

That dresser is wonderful! You gave it new life!

Jess

http://www.ourlifeinhisgrace.tumblr.com

Erica @ Decorica said...

It's not sad anymore - looks great!

Rhoda @ Southern Hospitality said...

Thanks for stopping by! And I'm all about painting & refurbishing old furniture too. You found a gem, can't believe it was thrown out. What a perfect piece now.

Fran said...

Looks great! I love what you did with it and love the print on the dresser. Is that Matisse? Anyway, looks great!

casey at loft and cottage said...

Hi Fran, Yes, that is Matisse. Love the colors!