looking for bedroom inspiration

I'm setting out on a new project and have been searching for some pretty bedrooms as inspiration. The client is one I've worked with before, and one thing I love about her is that she's totally open to letting me do what inspires me design-wise. But that freedom can also leave too much room for interpretation. What colors, what atmosphere, what mood? Lots of contrast, soft neutrals, large or small-scale patterns?

The bedroom is the most intimate, personal space in your home; it's so essential that it reflects your personality. Hopefully, some of these images will spark something with my client and serve as inspiration for me to create a special space for her and her husband to relax, rest, and dream.








images via House Beautiful, Somerset Bay Home, myhomeideas.com

Which one would you choose?

5 comments

René said...

I could move right into any one of those bedrooms and I am drooling over that orange arrangement in the first photo.

Erin Deegan said...

i really love the gray room with the blue-ish canopy bed. beautiful!

Erica @ Decorica said...

I can't decide which one I like the best, but I'm leaning toward the colorful one with the stripe rug and bench at the end of the bed.

No name said...

Each of these rooms has elements that I really do like but I'm most fond of the very last one. I think the bed is what draws me in...but ideally I'd shop something from each of the other rooms...like add the chairs in the first photo to the last room :)

casey at loft and cottage said...

Great idea, Revamped! And did anyone happen to notice those great tufted linen chairs from the first pic in Dear Genevieve's bedroom redo last night? Gorgeous.