field trip: brimfield


I'm off to Brimfield Antique Show with Erica of Decorica. Goodness knows I don't need another project (Remember the dresser? Yeaaaah, it's gone nowhere. And I've got some open kitchen shelving to paint, doors to paint, raised garden beds to plant, a chair to reupholster...) but it's just too tempting to imagine what totally unique, cool finds I could discover in the rows and rows of sellers here. Years ago, on my last visit to Brimfield, I picked up some great pen and ink botanical studies. At the time I thought they were a bit pricey at $25 each, but framed in tortoiseshell frames from Target, they actually look infintely more expensive than that and have added much-needed character and style to many a room in the years since. By now I have come think of them as priceless. That's the kind of stuff you can find here. And that's why I'm going. Stay tuned to see what I pick up on this trip.

1 comment

Ruth said...

I would love to go to Brimfield. I can only imagine how wonderful it is. Hope you had a good time.

I stopped by from 504 Main.

Ruth