inspiration for an office revamp

The office where I work part-time is below ground, painted a few lovely shades of tan, and filled with heavy old wood furniture. Sounds attractive, right? It's basically a sea of beige, and it appears that it hasn't been touched since the 80s. The nice thing is they want to redo it, on a budget of course, but ever so slowly they're ready to revamp. And I'm starting to put some ideas together.


This room, Monique Lhullier's living room, is inspiring me. It's an office, so we can't go too crazy with color, so I'm thinking pewters and creams, grounded with a bit of black, and accented with blues or purples or greens should get me to my goal of bringing some of-the-moment style and sophistication to the space. Now let's see if a. the powers that be like it and b. I can accomplish what I'm after on very little dough. Stay tuned.

7 comments

Pine Tree Home said...

I was drawn to the tiny pop of purple. Can't wait to see more.

A Vintage Vine said...

I like your inspiration...you will do a wonderful job! Look forward to this!

Carol@TheDesignPages said...

That is a gorgeous room. I love the way you're thinking. Looking forward to see this room unfold.

Carrie @ Hazardous Design said...

Great inspiration pic. I'm intrigued and can't wait to see what you come up with.

Kim@Chattafabulous said...

The color palette sounds gorgeous!

René said...

It sounds like a fun challenge and your inspiration photo looks like a great start. It's that whole neutrals don't have to be boring thing :) There is so much about this room that is fabulous.

designchic said...

Sounds like the perfect color palette...can't wait to see!!