get the look: modern meets warm kitchen


When I stumbled across the picture of this kitchen on the blog aubrey road, I think my jaw literally dropped. There's just not enough time to talk about all the utter amazingness of this space. Loving the overall simplicity of the design, the creativity of the sliding panels, and especially the mix of materials, from cool glass and iron to warm fir and walnut. Aside from those sliding upper glass doors, I imagine it's not too hard to get this look on a budget though. Here's what you'll need for a mini-redo for a warm, modern kitchen...

Clear glass cylinder lamp, $130, at Velocity Art and Design

 +

36" wall shelf $68 from Smart Furniture

+

Apron front sink, $250, from Ikea

+

Carrera marble subway tile, great-looking, and much more inexpensive than a slab!
$7/sq ft from Builders Depot Direct via Amazon

1 comment

erica at decorica said...

I really like those shelves from Smart Furniture. I think I'd load them with a collection of white dishes and pitchers.