florida rooms

Is it too early to begin dreaming of warmth and sun and bright color and vacations?

Well, I don't care if it is. I'm doing it. While I'm not headed down to Florida til April, this chilly day in early February is feeling like a good time to imagine some semi-tropical style. And why not bring some of this into your dreary, gray, neutral decor?

The first thing you need is color. How about a dose of yellow? There. Doesn't that feel better?
Meg Braff design via Coastal Living

This room has been all over the blog world, but for good reason. It's so fresh, so pretty. That trellis pattern on the bedding sets the mood. Need more tropical pattern?
via the lennoxx

Love the batik-looking rug and the large fern print on the chair. And I think life would be happier if I had a huge spiky green tree in my bedroom. Or at least some green living thing.
via the lennoxx

To really feel Florida you have to have French doors flung open to the breeze...
via Coastal Living

And natural materials...
via Coastal Living

And pattern...
design by John Willey, image via House Beautiful

designer Ashley Whittaker, image via House Beautiful

And color. Bright color. Fresh color. Lots of color...
design by John Willey, image via House Beautiful

Palmer Weiss via House of Turquoise

via House Beautiful

design by Annie Selke, image via House Beautiful

design by Allison Paladino, image via House Beautiful

Are you feeling a little warmer now? Hope you enjoyed the brief and virtual visit to Florida. Have a great weekend, everyone!

3 comments

Valerie Wills Interiors said...

I wasn't a huge fan of Florida style with all the prints and palms, etc., but I think I must be changing as I love some of these images. I've always like fellow San Franciscan; Palmer Weiss' work - love the mix of turquoise and oranage and I also really like the Ashley Whittaker room also in orange... finally, the turquoise chandelier in John Willey's room is stunning!!!! Thanks for sharing and changing my mind ;o)

Erica @ Decorica said...

All those rooms are missing one important thing...cabana boys!

casey at loft and cottage said...

Ha ha! I will have to track some down when I get to Florida!